Our Fee Philosophy
When deciding our fee structure, we wanted to be able to return the trust shown in us by our clients; we wanted to be able to show we were consistently adding value and we wanted to be totally transparent.
Most clients use our Wealth Management Solution, an on-going service that includes portfolio recommendations, tax and estate planning and more general financial planning. The minimum investment is £250,000.
There is no up-front charge for this service, just an ongoing fee as detailed below. This basis of charging means we are better aligned with our clients - we both need the relationship to work for it to be profitable. If a client feels we are no longer adding value they can terminate the arrangement by simply giving one month's notice - there are no hidden exit or termination fees.
The lack of an initial fee combined with our use of low-cost passive funds and finely-priced platforms means the total cost of investing with Chadwicks is exceptionally competitive.
For clients who do not want an ongoing relationship or who are looking for advice around a specific issue we will quote a fixed fee before starting work.
Occasionally, we charge our hourly rate.
- Initial portfolio set-up fee - nil
- Ongoing annual fee
|Portfolio value||Annual fee (payable monthly)|
|Less than £250,000||£2,500 fixed fee|
|£250,000 - £1m||1% of assets under advice|
|£1m - £2m||0.5% of assets under advice|
|£2m +||0.3% of assets under advice|
The fee is payable on the value of each tranche, so a client with a portfolio of £1.5m would pay £12,500 p.a.
- Initial financial planning report
- Individually tailored portfolio
- Fund recommendations
- Basic tax and trust advice and recommendations
- Setting up portfolio, including realising or re-registering existing investments
- Ongoing portfolio monitoring, valuations and recommendations
- Provision of tax statements where appropriate
- Meetings as required
- Annual update report
And what’s not included:
- Corporate advice - we will usually quote a fixed fee for a specific project
- Flexible Access Drawdown – an additional fee of 1% of pension fund value is made on entry to FAD
- SIPP Property purchase – charged at our hourly rate
- Complex tax and trust advice and recommendations – charged at our hourly rate
- Implementation of non-investment recommendations (i.e. protection policies)
Transfers from defined benefit schemes - reflecting the complex and irreversible nature of advice in this area we make an initial review charge of £750 for a third party assessment. Where our advice is to transfer our fee for completing the transaction is 1% of the transfer value, capped at £8,000.
|Chartered Wealth Manager||£200/hour|
|Financial Planner/Wealth Manager||£150/hour|